[VOIPSEC] Global Test Bed Project
secretary at voipsa.org
Sun Jul 13 14:01:38 EDT 2008
Dear Technical Advisory Board and Members:
At IPTCOMM 2008 http://iptcomm.org several new candidate projects for VOIPSA
This note is to invite your feedback and comments on one of the projects:
The Global Test Bed Project
Kindly reply directly to secretary at voipsa.org if you are interested in
seeing this project proceed or if you or your organization might want to
All VOIPSA projects are open and collaborative.
Global Test Bed Project
The purpose of this project is to create the first international
multi-carrier test bed with a high volume of live traffic for research and
experimentation in new IMS service quality assurance. Today researchers in
industry, government, and private enterprise are limited in their ability to
conduct research leading to new and improved products. What they lack is a
global platform for test and measurement of new services and their quality
that invites collaboration by software developers, QA engineers, and
1. Create a global carrier peering test-bed for service validation and QA
2. Make the test bed attractive to entrepreneurs building new user
communities and to researchers in quality assurance and security.
3. Maintain the test bed as beta program distinct from the production
1. The public gains from research in quality assurance for digital
communications, enabled by the first large scale platform for such study.
2. National and local governments gain improvements in new business growth
and served quality within their jurisdictions.
3. Industry and carriers benefit by having lawful and permissive means to
study new services, and their quality assurance, with live peered data.
Tel: +1 (510) 275-1480
Fax: +1 (510) 275-1481
Cell: +1 (408) 209-0199
Managing Director, Pingalo, Inc.
Secretary & Outreach Chair, VOIPSA
The Alliance for Communications Security and Privacy
More information about the Voipsec