[VOIPSEC] VoIP Fraudsters Plead Guilty to 4.4Mill Crimes

Dan York dyork at voxeo.com
Sun May 22 17:19:44 PDT 2011

J,

Thanks for passing along the info... the TMC link appears to be pretty much a verbatim posting of the FBI's news release on May 19th:

http://newark.fbi.gov/dojpressrel/pressrel11/nk051911a.htm

All the other online reports so far seem to be based off that news report as well.

Given the competition among ITSPs right now, I guess I'm sadly not surprised this happened.   Sounds like the typical age-old scheme of abusing credit... in this case it sounds like they made their operation look real enough to get by any due diligence done by the ITSPs prior to giving out credit.

Thanks,
Dan