[VOIPSEC] Thoughts on SIP Service Provider security? (Speaking at SIPNOC tomorrow)

Dan York dyork at voxeo.com
Mon Apr 25 09:58:29 EDT 2011

VOIPSEC readers,

As I posted on the VOIPSA blog, I'll be speaking on a panel about security tomorrow at the SIPNOC event near DC:

While I naturally have my own list of topics I'll raise with network operators / service providers about the major issues with SIP and security (as it pertains to large networks), I'd be curious for any feedback you all have.  Given that I'm on the panel wearing my VOIPSA hat, I'd welcome community input.

What are the greatest security issues related to SIP that you think network operators need to be dealing with right now?

Dan York, CISSP, Director of Conversations
Voxeo Corporation   http://www.voxeo.com  dyork at voxeo.com
Phone: +1-407-455-5859  skype: danyork  sip:dyork at voxeo.com

Join the Voxeo conversation:
Blogs: http://blogs.voxeo.com