[VOIPSEC] IAX2 CIPHERING

Melvin FireBird melvin_the_rideur at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 17 06:51:01 PDT 2007

Sorry for the previous message... I have recently study IAX2 ciphering, and I'm asking: why don't make a softphone who be able to support IAX2 encryptions, and authentications specifications? The IAX2 ciphering process appears to be ok (I'am wrong?), so, why not develop a safe client? It will provide a better privacy for communications, with IAX2 advantage (like NAT and Firewall traversal). Moreover the required bandwidth is less than SIPs or other protocols. I' am looking to your responses. Melvin