[VOIPSEC] A small question about jajah

REID PALMEIRA RPALMEIRA at pacificlight.net
Mon Nov 27 09:50:21 PST 2006

Jahjah is subsidizing some of the calls. The calls themselves are free if it's from a registered jahjah user to another registered jahjah user (eg: all over the internet instead of the PSTN)

I would agree that the business model is questionable but there are other options. Ad-based calls for example may work. There are other startups offering voip running ads on the softphone client. Even that to me would be questionable as a long-term sustainable profit center, but at least there are some options for them to take.

Decent post on it here:
http://blog.tmcnet.com/blog/tom-keating/voip/jahjah-offers-free-calls-globally.asp

Cheers,
Reid Palmeira