[VOIPSEC] Identity Management and VoIP and More

ZhaoL hi2005 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 20 06:39:52 PDT 2006

I do agree to your points. Human identity and authentication is at a higher
level than equipment/OS identity and authentication. But they both serve us
well for different purpose. Current PSTN phones use physical equipment
(line) authentication, while our today's IM/VoIP systems use
password/personalality recognition. At IMS time, both equipment and  person
authentication  would be used at the same time for different services.