[VOIPSEC] Zobot and VoIP impact

My Name routerg at gmail.com
Fri Aug 19 07:17:19 PDT 2005

We didn't have any VoIP impacts.

The kiddies seemed to be wanting to infect NAT'd machines in this one
because the worm was scanning lots of RFC1918 space.  It would have
been alot more slammeresque if the bot was scanning all public
addresses.  We were seeing ~1200 pps from each host going to internal
address space.  Because the traffic was being dropped at most default
gateways, much of the effects were actually mitigated.  Otherwise it
probably would have caused more havok.