How can you make SIP trunking secure? Is there such a thing as “secure SIP trunking”? Can SIP trunks and VoIP actually be more secure than the PSTN?
All those questions and more will be the subject of a webinar next week sponsored by Ingate Systems (and announced today) in which I will be a participant called “Secure SIP Trunking: What You Need to Know“. The webinar will cover:
- Security misconceptions, challenges and requirements
- VoIP vs. PSTN: How SIP Trunks and VoIP can be more secure than traditional telephony
- The security measures you need; and those you don’t
- The basics of enterprise security and VoIP: SRTP, TLS and NAT traversal
- New security technologies
- Future-proofing your network for new security threats
Now, obviously this webinar is sponsored by Ingate so the solutions offered will involve their products. My role will be to talk about VoIP security in general and issues around securing SIP trunks. It should be an interesting session and you can easily register if you would like to attend. There is no charge.
The webinar will be on Thursday, April 10th, at 2:00pm US Eastern time, 11:00am US Pacific time.
NOTE: VOIPSA does not directly endorse, recommend, or promote products from any vendors. Our mission is to raise the level of discussion around VoIP security issues and so we are glad to participate in any relevant educational efforts such as webinars, conferences or other events. We are participating in this and other events sponsored by Ingate simply because they asked us and the events seemed in line with our overall mission. If you would like VOIPSA participation in an event you are sponsoring, please contact a VOIPSA Board Member about the possibility.